Frequently Asked Questions

Please read the questions below before contacting the District about your application. Questions are grouped into categories to help you find information quickly.

Question Categories
Q:Can I save my incomplete application and return to complete it at a later time?A:Yes. You may logout of your application at any time and return later. When you are ready to complete your application, enter your username and password and you will be allowed to continue your application if the job posting is still open.Back to TopQ:How do I apply for a job?A:You may create a profile and an account when you see a job in which you are interested. You click the "apply" button and you are directed to create the profile and set up your application.
You only have to create one profile and application and then you can attach it to multiple positions either at the time you initially set up the account or at a later date. You will want to sign up for "job alerts" which sends you an email when a new job has been posted.


When your application is successfully submitted, you will receive a Confirmation Number. You can use this confirmation number to reference a specific application.
Back to TopQ:When will I be called for an interview?A:Once the posting has closed, applications will be screened. Those chosen for an interview will be contacted.Back to TopQ:If I already work for the district, how do I apply for a position?A:You will need to click on "Internal Applicants" and set up a username and password. Your employee ID will be your social security number.Back to TopQ:How do I update information on my profile or a previous application?A:You can log into your account in School Recruiter, the online application, and make the necessary changes in your profile.Back to TopQ:I am looking for a position as a para. I would appreciate you emailing me about any openings.A:Go to our website, select the "Administration" tab, then "Human Resources;" click on "Online Applications and Current Openings." Then on the right side under "Menu" there is a link to "Sign Up For Job Alerts." We will e-mail you every time an opening is posted.Back to TopQ:I have updated my profile but when I view a PDF of my application it shows the old information. Is there any way to overwrite this?A:When you submit an application, the system locks your answers in permanently. HR departments are aware of this and know to check candidate profiles for updated information.Back to TopQ:What happens if I withdraw my application?A:If you withdraw your application the district will no longer consider you for the position from which you are withdrawing. If you withdraw by mistake, please contact the district and they can re-activate your application.Back to TopQ:My application status says "Incomplete". What should I do?A:If your application status reads "Incomplete," you will need to contact the district to ask why they have marked it this way. The district’s HR department will tell you if additional application materials are needed.Back to TopQ:How do I apply to jobs as an internal applicant?A:To apply to jobs as an internal applicant, you must currently be employed by the district to which you are applying. There are two ways to create an internal account. Some districts have an "Internal" button enabled at the top right of the screen which will take you through the process of creating an internal account. If you have already created an account and would like to change it to internal, select the "Account Settings" option at the top of the screen after you have logged in. On the right side of the page there is an "Account Type" section. Here you can change your external account to internal by selecting "I am a current employee."Back to Top
Q:What types of files do you accept for Resume, Cover Letter, Letters of Reference etc?A:All files attached to your application must be in .txt, .rtf, .pdf, .docx, or .doc format. If you need to upload an image or scan, you must convert it to pdf or place it into a Word doc file.Back to TopQ:Can I upload more attachments?A:You are currently limited to a maximum of six (6) upload documents. These will carry over to other applications if you apply for more than one job.Back to TopQ:Can I upload a separate group of attachments for each job posting to which I apply?A:At this time there is no way to upload different attachments for different job postings. If you overwrite your current attachments with new ones then the old versions will no longer be viewable by the district.Back to TopQ:Can I upload different cover letters for each job posting to which I apply?A:There is currently no way to upload different cover letters for each job to which you apply. It is best to use a generic cover letter when adding one to your attachments page. This may be unnecessary in some cases where districts have a specific page on their application for you to type your cover letter.Back to Top
Q:Is this a secure website, and is my data secure?A:Yes. All data transfers use 128-bit or 256-bit encryption depending on your computer's capabilities. This is the same type of encryption used for most online banking transactions.Back to TopQ:I forgot my username or password. How can I retrieve it?A:From the main job listings page, click the link "I Forgot My Username or Password." Enter your email address into the box, and your information will be sent to that email address. If you continue to have issues please email HR@Huttoisd.netBack to TopQ:The username and password I used to create my application do not appear to work when logging in to the SchoolRecruiter website. Do I need to create a separate account, and if so, how do I do that?A:If you look under MENU on the right hand side of the jobs posting list, there is a link to request your login information. If you are still having problems, give us a call at 737-372-5192 or email to TopQ:How do I view internal job postings?A:To view internal job postings, login with an internal account. The internal postings will appear under the job listings with all of the external postings.Back to TopQ:How do I transfer my Recruit & Hire account from one district to another?A:To transfer your account, sign out of the site (if applicable) and begin applying for the position you would like. You will be prompted to create a new account, sign in, or transfer a currently existing account. Enter the email and password that is connected with your other Recruit & Hire account. Enter the state that the account is located in and press continue. The site will locate your other account. You can then select it to transfer the information over. Please be aware that only some of your profile information will be moved over. You will still need to fill out certain sections on new applications.Back to TopQ:Can I combine multiple Recruit & Hire accounts with different districts?A:Unfortunately you are not able to combine accounts at this time.Back to TopQ:How do I find out about new job postings?A:You can sign up for job alerts on the main login page. Once this is done, you will receive weekly email notices of the jobs that the district has posted.Back to TopQ:How do I change the email address and password linked to my account?A:You can change your account information by selecting "Account Settings" at the top of the web page. To access account settings you will first need to login.Back to TopQ:If I transfer my account, do I lose all the information in the initial district?A:No information will be lost if you transfer your account. Your account with the previous district will remain active.Back to TopQ:I received an email from my principal saying I need to sign off on the handbook and sick bank receipts. Where are these tasks?A:Log in to your Talent Ed Account/ Records. Notice the "My Tasks" list. There is a tab for tasks that need attention. Any items you have not completed will show up under the needs attention tab.

The second tab reads "completed". All tasks that you have completed are stored here. If you can't find the item you need in the needs attention tab, please check to see if you have already completed the task.
Back to TopQ:I received a notice that reads "Revision Requested", what do I do now?A:Log in to Talent Ed/ Perfom. Under the Incomplete Task ribbon, you will see a list of all items that need your attention. Any item with a red asterisk is a required task. Please notice the due date for the document. Now, click on "Go to Form" to open document. Complete all items and scroll to bottom of form. Share the form with your supervisor and submit the document. The document will stay in your task list until your supervisor signs the document. Notice "responsible" for will list your supervisors name so you know you do not have to complete the task.Back to TopQ:My self evaluation is still pending action. Does this mean it is pending action from me or someone else?A:Log in to Talent Ed/ Perfom. Under the list of incomplete tasks, choose the document in question. Under "Responsible" you will see the name of the person that needs to act on the form. For example, if you supervisor needs to sign the form, it will still show up on your task list; however, the supervisor's name will be listed under the Responsible tab.Back to TopQ:I thought I completed my appraisal, but it is showing up as incomplete. What do I do?A:Log in to Talent Ed/ Perform. Click on the document in question. Make sure you have completed all the blanks. Any item with a red asterisk is a required item. You may have only saved the document previously. Make sure you save and submit the document.Back to TopQ:Where can I find my contract to sign or my letter of assurance to sign?A:Log in to Talent Ed/ Records. All tasks that need your attention will show up under the "Incomplete" tab. If you want to see if you have completed a task, click on the second "Incomplete". You can also see any previous contracts in your "Contracts and Agreements" folder.Back to TopQ:I need to complete my goals, but all I see in my tasks list in my handbook. What do I do?A:Documents like the Handbook and Sick Leave bank are located under Talent Ed/ Records. Your goal setting and other evaluation forms are under Talent Ed/ Perform.

You will receive an email alerting you to tasks that need your attention. If you click on the link in the email, it will take you to the specific area in Talent Ed where you need to go.
Back to TopQ:How do I change my personal information such as my name or address in my employee file?A:Log in to Talent Ed/ Records. At the very top, click on blank documents. You will need to complete the name change/address change form AND the W4 form when making any demographic change to your file. Complete each form and click submit at the bottom of the form.Back to TopQ:How do I transfer to another campus or position?A:In early spring, the HR will send out a transfer form with specific deadline dates. Complete this form. You will also need to complete an application for whatever position you want to move into. Outside of the transfer window, you must speak to your supervisor and the HR department concerning any transfer requests.Back to Top